News and Media
Friday, August 31, 2018
- Albany Creek Village announces multi-million-dollar refurbishment program. New owners to deliver exciting new era for well-established community centre.
The Albany Creek Village shopping centre, positioned in Albany Creek, a northern Brisbane suburb, is set to benefit from a multi-million-dollar capital works and refurbishment reposition that will enhance its standing as the leading convenience and community shopping destination in Brisbane’s north-west.
- The long-standing and well-established neighbourhood shopping centre, which resides in a locality incorporating a range of civic and community amenities, such as schools and other public facilities, changed ownership last year, and new owners Fortius Funds Management are undertaking a significant re-leasing and refurbishment program to deliver an exciting new era for the property.
- The reposition and refurbishment program will include extensive internal and external improvements as well as landscaping upgrades and two new high-profile signage pylons positioned on Albany Creek Road and Wruck Crescent.
- Major internal works will include upgrades to the property’s flooring, ceiling and lighting as well as the creation of new seating pods and extensive new internal landscaping and ambience works.
- External works will involve significant new centre façade treatment, external tenancy signage package, new lighting, flooring and landscaping works. The centre will feature new pylon signage and entry signage to complement the new Centre branding.
- Despite benefitting from a strong existing local and national tenant base, including a full line Coles supermarket, Australia Post and three banks, the redevelopment will also encompass a significant tenancy re-mix with new service, and food and beverage tenants introduced into the existing tenancy mix.
- The establishment of an outdoor landscaped area will provide a welcomed respite and area for shoppers to enjoy and relax while completing their day to day shopping at the centre.
- As part of the reposition, the centre will be re-branded to the original name, Albany Creek Village, which reaffirms the community and convenience basis in which the centre was founded (the property was most recently known as Albany Creek Square).
To read the full media release,click here
To read the fact sheet on the refurbishment,click here.
Artist’s impressions of internal and external areas of Albany Creek Village.
- Kitchen Confidential: Brisbane dining news and gossip 30-May-2019
- Fortius targets Adelaide site after $126m Brisbane tower sale 02-May-2019
- Fortius divesting Newcastle shopping centre 15-Mar-2019
Awards HSBC 91 Phillip Street Sales Taylors House FAPT1 David Curran Robert Dening Property Con Tsioulos 2 Meredith Street FGV MidCity Centre Renaud Herington 420 George Street Fortius Global Value Properties Securities Sam Sproats 100 Wickham Street Ray Sproats Investment Junction Fair Nicholas Sproats Advisoryservices Nic Sproats Ragavan Sivanesarajah